In 1931, Dr Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for proving that cancer cannot survive in an alkaline, oxygen-rich environment. He showed that cancer in fact thrives in an acidic, low-oxygen environment. When any such new information comes to light, you would assume that it should form the core of any future treatments. However, this is unfortunately not the case. For this reason, patients and health conscious individuals would be wise to educate themselves and adapt these findings into their own lifestyles or treatment plans. As they say, “every little helps!”
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”– Hippocrates
We know that most individuals with cancer are deficient in a range of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, fibre and enzymes. This makes it harder for a person’s immune system and body to function as it should.
We know that a wide range of natural dietary compounds can also inhibit or even kill cancer cells.
We know that most individuals with cancer do less exercise and therefore spend less time with their body well oxygenated.
We know that many cancer patient’s bodies are over-taxed with toxins and their body needs assistance to remove them.
We also know that cancer cells absolutely love sugar. In fact, cancer cells have been shown to have 96 sugar receptor sites, where normal healthy cells only have four! Unfortunately, a high sugar diet also lowers your body’s pH, making your body more acidic and cancer-friendly.
Finally, studies have shown that many cancer patients have suffered an emotional trauma in the recent past, or have other unresolved emotional issues. Just like a persistent allergy, persistent underlying emotional stress also causes a dip in your immune system and an excess of free radicals, which could create a window for cancer to take hold. You wouldn’t think such a thing could be possible, but the mind-body connection is very strong. Just look at all of the amazing evidence about the power of placebos.
Cancer Prevention Strategies
With all of this information in mind, it makes perfect sense that avoiding cancer, or attempting to reverse its formation should involve:
- Dietary changes to help give the body the raw materials it needs, (and the compounds that cancer hates), along with helping your body to become more alkaline. The greater your fresh fruit and vegetable intake, the less meat and dairy you eat, the more alkaline your system becomes and the more electrons your food can donate to your cells and to fight free radicals.
- The more exercise you do, the greater your natural production of antioxidants, the better your lymph circulates and the longer you spend in a well oxygenated state.
- Avoiding processed sugar, artificial sweeteners, phosphates, monosodium glutamate and other food additives means that you are not inadvertently stimulating the growth of any cancer cells.
- Detoxifying your colon, kidneys, blood, liver and mouth (dental).
- Addressing your emotional health, to ensure a positive outlook and peace of mind.
This is fundamental and well-established science, based upon numerous robust studies, so perhaps it should be the starting place for all forms of prevention or “treatment”?
Unfortunately, mainstream medicine is highly political and financially driven. Treatment options are tightly controlled and changing the consensus of medical opinion is no easy task. Amazingly, 6 years of med school at Harvard involves only a couple of days on nutrition and out of nearly 6,000 pages of text books to be studied, only six pages cover this vital topic! So despite the fundamental logic behind a lot of alternative medicine and nutritional science, the establishment is anything but friendly towards those who question the current status quo.
If you would like to learn more about preserving your health, consider Cancer Uncensored – Your Step By Step Guide to Cancer Prevention, Early Detection and Cancer Survival.
Our Other Recent Health Articles Include: